Quantitative Research Reflection
Qualitative
research uses a naturalistic approach that seeks understanding through a
context of specific settings. This
approach seems the most comfortable to my way of doing research. I am
able to look at the information and dissect it to determine the data I need for
my research. Once I am able to determine
the data collected, I will be able to relate the information and apply it such a
way that can benefit me for the rest of my life.
Features of qualitative research:
The feature of
qualitative research gives the researcher a guide to covering all basis of
their research. Qualitative research
uses the natural setting as the source of data.
The researcher acts as the human instrument of data collection,
determining what is and is not important to their research. Qualitative researchers use data analysis to
break down and make sense of the data collected.
Qualitative research reports are descriptive,
incorporating expressive language bringing a human presence to the
reporting. The qualitative researcher
has an interpretive character which discovers and illustrates the events and
meanings.
Qualitative
researchers pay attention to idiosyncratic as well as the pervasive, seeking uniqueness
of each case. Qualitative research has
an emergent design and focus on this emerging process as well as the outcomes
or product of the research. Qualitative
research is judged using criteria for trustworthiness.
Qualitative research
means any kind of research that produces findings not arrived at by means of
statistical procedure or other means of quantification.
Quantitative
research means to seek casual determination, prediction and generalization of
findings; qualitative researchers seek instead illumination, understanding and
extrapolation to similar situations.
I lean towards
the side of adapting qualitative research to be used to better understand a
phenomenon about which I know little information about and also learn new
things about content I am already familiar with.
No comments:
Post a Comment