Thursday, December 18, 2014

A500.9.4.RB_WhiteTyronn




     Professor Watkins did a wonderful job balancing out his demands and expectations of the students’ progress in this course along with understanding that the students participating are all adults and have families and schedules that sometimes may not allow us to meet every deadline of every assignment.  The professor gave great feedback and was patient with the students allowing them to self-correct some of the issues and problems students had with support.  The professor’s lines of communication were always open and inviting. 
     My perceived value of the course was that this course was the beginning me getting back acclimated to a school setting, trying to learn something new to better myself and progress to high level positions  within my current profession or outside my current profession to better my way of life and my families way of life in years to come. 
     The negative aspect of this course, I would say is that some of the assignments are a bit tedious.  I do understand that there are some concepts and procedures that the students should learn but some of the assignments were a bit long or there were many steps to complete an assignment.  Also the price of the Brain program in my opinion was a bit much even though, we are supposed to use this throughout the duration of our master’s program.   
     Positive aspects of this course, I would say has and is a great experience for me.  This course has allowed me to develop some perspective about going back to school after several years of earning my bachelor’s degree.  Some of the assignments have allowed me to reflect on many aspects of the journey I have been on in my lifetime.  This course has made me reflect on how my way of thinking was in high school and college vs my way of thinking today.  This course was a good introduction to returning back to college and getting acclimated to adjusting my schedule at home to be able to keep up with the assignments.  I have run into some road blocks from time to time with keeping up with my children’s extra-curricular activities such as their practices and games.  All in all I have had a good experience with learning something new for a subject area I am interested in.


Thank you Dr. Watkins for your input, hard work and understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment